Monday, February 4, 2008

Okay, Here I go

I started to write this page 2 weeks ago, then stopped for this reason and that. Knowing I would be able to do it when it felt just right, like now.
This little space in the web is a pocket for my moments of inspiration. Not gushy, lofty ideas about it but the actual experience of being inspired by the world around me in real and 'extra ordinary' ways.

I moved to New York (Harlem) from Los Angeles (Echo Park) last summer.
Why ... remains to be discovered.

Last week I was riding the 3 train back to Harlem from Brooklyn, around 9 or 10 Saturday night. I found my self in a car with a group of 7 very lively teenagers. They were loud, boisterous, intimidating, and there was only one 'other' passenger in the car. I had my flash of "fight or flight' self protective thoughts, then just as easily
switched to being in the moment, actually being in their moment. At that point everything shifted. I relaxed and allowed my self to see them - beautiful, healthy youth, using their bodies as much as their voices to communicate their wonder and excitement. Shouting punching, dancing and laughing. I started grinning 'from ear to ear' and found my self smiling directly at the biggest boy in the group, well over 6 feet tall and very fit. He smiled back with so much light in his eyes. I felt inspired. As I stepped off the train at 125th street I gently reminded them to "take care of each other". We need them.
Real Magic.

6 comments:

ginger Gelber said...

way to go carolina ! love,ginger

idraw said...

Clickity Clack Train time eh? Dangerous youth in a lurching car. You are so far from Home at Home.

Here, today is a Vote for one or another side of the same coin.

Some say it's History. While I can see the point my natural inclination..."what's the point?"

But there it is, the same damn thing as your post, drop out of one frame and into another and things don't seem so scary and bleak. Or pointless.

I walked out of the polling place with my Democratic smile.

Take care 'Lina! Blog me.

chrisvintz said...

Cheers to living in the moment. I have been consciously working at recognizing when my intentions and actions are fear based and pulling my consciousness back to the reality of the moment. It is not only possible but more effective to be careful, cautious and aware of your environment without being fearful. Here's to our continuous higher learning, Love & peace, your sis - Chris

Lyspub said...

When you are in the moment you get to see the love and the light! Carolina I applaud you for seeing the flower in the concrete. Miss you much!

Elle said...

Glad to see you on the web!
Look forward to reading your adventures and thoughts:)

kookaburra said...

Hooray! You are sharing your experiences with us at last. Looking forward to more--I'll be a regular reader. Hugs,
MB